Healthy homes - how to improve our wellbeing
At Absolute Abode, we understand how important your health and wellbeing is, and the best place to start is where you spend most of your time – at home!
According to the UK Green Building Council’s Health and Wellbeing in Homes report from July 2016, ‘health and wellbeing’ includes social, psychological and physical factors.
For most of us, our homes are our sanctuaries, so it makes sense to do our best to ensure we enhance our health and wellbeing at home as much as we can. Whilst some changes may be more dramatic, like well-designed ventilation and sound insulation, there are many ways that we can make simple changes with big impact.
Here are just a few ways that we can enhance our health and wellbeing at home:
- Having a bedroom that promotes healthy sleep and relaxation with the right colours and light levels.
- Creating enough storage and space for us to put away all our belongings and bits and pieces so we have a calm, relaxing space rather than being stressed about the chaos or ‘stuff’ that constantly needs to be put away or sorted out.
- Having a kitchen that promotes family interaction, with a good space layout and encourages healthy eating
- Having a living space that provides stimulating environments for socialising and play
- Optimising light with generous access to sunlight and daylight, and well supplementary designed electric lighting
We help ourselves to flourish in our own environments when we create opportunities to be restored, uplift our spirits and, most importantly, be happy!
We would love to help you enhance your home and ensure that every time you walk in the door, you feel like you’re in your sanctuary. Absolute Abode is a British Institute of Interior Design Registered Practice, which means you can rest assured that we will provide you with a professional, competent service.
Please feel free to get in touch with us for a complimentary consultation, to discuss your ideas further.